Information about the Corona virus
Puls & Träning has made the decision to keep all gyms open until further decisions from authorities. We take the situation very seriously and the requirements it takes from us and our members in order to keep the gyms open.
This information was updated 2020-05-28, 10:05.
We must work thoroughly with our health routines regarding training at our gyms and how our members can avoid spreading the virus. We follow decisions from the Swedish Government and recommendations from Folkhälsomyndigheten and we don´t make our own assessments.
The government has decided to prohibit gatherings of 50 persons or more. The prohibition does not apply to gyms but we have taken necessary precautions and are striving for that we don’t have more than 50 persons in the gyms at the same time.
We are continuously checking the number of persons visiting our gyms and the majority of our gyms have never had more than 50 people at the same time.
We have limited the number of participants in our group training classes and we never have two group training classes at the same time. We have given our staff instructions to check the number of people visiting the gym.
We take responsibility for you being able to continue training at our gyms and we ask you to do the same. When you enter the gym, wash your hand thoroughly with soap and warm water. Wipe the machines before and after your workout and keep a good distance to other people at the gym. You may use our cardio area to warm up before your workout, but we ask you to train outdoors if you are planning a high intensity cardio workout.
Most of our gyms are small to middle size and we have a limit on how many members that can join each gym. Therefore, its not so crowded and the risk of spreading the virus smaller. If you are healthy, you´re more than welcome to come and train at our gyms.
Our staff has been given guidelines about not coming to work if they are feeling unwell, and to stay home for 48 hours after recovery.
We welcome all our healthy wonderful members to the gym and good luck with your training!
This is what we have done so far
- We are following the authorities recommendations and are keeping all gyms open.
- We are keeping a close eye on how the situation develops and are ready to take further actions if needed.
- Meticulous cleaning of our gyms. We already put great emphasis on keeping our gyms fresh and clean but now we have taken it a step further.
- We have reviewed the furnishing in the gyms. We have refurnished to create more space between the machines where possible.
- We have placed disinfectant hand rub in all our gyms.
- We have limited the number of participants in our group-training classes to 10-15 people, depending on the size of the room. We will overlook our schedules for the gym that have two group training classes at the same time.
- We are now offering outdoor training at some of our gyms.
- We have cancelled our indoor senior classes until further notice. We recommend our members who are 70 years or older, or part of a risk-group, to choose our outdoor training or to use our home workout programs.
- We have created at home workout programs in case you’d rather stay home during this period.
This is what we ask of you
- Wash your hands when you enter the gym.
- Keep your distance from others at the gym. We urge you to leave every other machine empty in the cardio area.
- Wipe the machines and equipment when you are done.
- Bring your own yoga mat and towel.
- If possible, change and shower at home.
- If you are sick, stay at home. The gym will still be there when you feel well again.